Most of the time the reason is a not matching rule. To be sure that your rule matches, activate the “Log” feature in the rule settings and after a post change check out the log entries. If there is no log entry, your rule did not match. To figure out why your rule does not match refer to Debug rule.
Articles in this section
- Is it possible with PSN to sent emails on user registration?
- The Content Diff placeholders are not working on WooCommerce products, why?
- Occasionally placeholder [post_editlink] is empty, why?
- My emails are always going to the spam folder. How can I avoid this?
- I bought the "Regular License". Can I upgrade to the "Extended License"?
- I get a PHP warning message: "Warning: parse_ini_file() has been disabled for security reasons."
- I have PSN installed on a WordPress Multisite system. Is there a simple way to check all the sites and update the databases?
- Can I set a custom FROM? I need to set the FROM name, not the FROM email address. Is it possible?
- When I update the plugin via the WordPress backend, I get the error "Download failed. Forbidden"
- Can I upgrade from Lite to Premium to keep my notification rules?