Not necessarily. ASA 2 offers some caching techniques (see http://docs.getasa2.com/caching.html) and an AJAX mode (see http://docs.getasa2.com/options_ajax.html), so the page will load fast without using the Repo feature and the cronjob.
Articles in this section
- The ASA2 refresh cronjob is not working on cPanel
- My webhoster only allows to configure PHP scripts for cronjob command. How can I set up the ASA2 cronjobs with such webhosters?
- When I search for products, I receive the error message "Your [AWS access key] is not registered as an Amazon Associate. Please register as an associate at https://affiliate-program.amazon..."
- Is it possible to use use my own buy button image?
- How can I build a product link without tracking ID?
- If I do not the Repo feature, will this mean that serving the page with the products on will be slow for visitors at all?
- How do I keep the Amazon products on my site up to date? Can I automate this or do I have to manually intervene to keep them up to date?
- What are ASA 2's SEO features?
- I have configured the cronjob to refresh the product via C-Panel like this "/public_html/wp-content/plugins/amazon-simple-affiliate/scripts/script.sh". Is that right?
- I get an error with message 'cache_dir "/tmp/asa2" is not writable'. What can I do?